Реферат на тему:
I am a student
I am Kovalenko Katya. So, I am a student now. I'm a first-year student of the day-time department. I've entered State Tax Service Academy of Ukraine after finishing a secondary school. You know, that was my dream to enter this Institute. No wonder, as all members of our family are economists.
My father taught me to understand and love mathematics. I realize now mathematics is a corner-stone of all sciences. My father works as a financier at the Planning Economic Department of the plant.
My mother is a book-keeper at a book-keeping department of the factory. She likes her specialty very much. I love a sister. She is twenty. And she is also an economist. She works as a cashier at the post-office savings-bank. She combines her work with studies at the Institute. She is a second-year student of non-resident instruction at this Institute.
As you see, I took my parents way. I worked hard to pass my entrance examinations well. And now I've become a happy member of the great, young family of students.
Many new things and notions came into my life with it. At first, I didn't know what they meant. Now I became familiar with such words as "a freshman", "a sophomore", "an undergraduate" and such terms as "a period", "a seminar", "labworks". I know what it means "to make notes", "to pass thousands", etc.
I'm still to know more, and first of all how to save time to be able to not only study well, but to take an active part in the students' life, to join some students' scientific society and to sing in our Academy choir, to become a member of our Academy famous football team and to visit interesting students' evening-parties.
I'm fond of everything at my Academy. I like its great beautiful building, sport complex, it's lecture halls, laboratories, studies.
I'm a freshman, as they call the first-year students.It'll take time to take time to know everything about our Academy.
1. a student of the day-time department - студент денного відділення ; syn. a student of resident instruction; a full-time student
2. no wonder - не дивно
3. all the members - всі члени; syn. whole - увесь; remember: the whole world but all the students; the whole family but all the books
4. the Planning Economic Department - планово-економічний відділ
5. a book-keeper - бухгалтер; syn. - an accountant; a book-keeping department - бухгалтерія
6. a cashier - касир; syn. a teller; cash - гроші (готівка) syn. money
7. the post-office savings-bank - ощадбанк на поштампі
8. non-resident instruction - заочне навчання; syn. extra-mural education, education by correspondence
9. to take somebody's way - піти чиїмось шляхом
10. at first - спочатку; first of all - перш за все
11. ...became familiar with... - дізналась
12. a freshman - a first-year student; a sophomore - a second-year student; undergraduate - student of senior courses
13. I'm still to know more -я маю дізнатись ще більше
14. to join some students' scientific society - стати членом студентського наукового гуртка
to join the army - піти до армії
to join a team - увійти до складу команди (спортивної)
15. students' evening-parties - студентські вечори
16. a lot more - багато іншого; a lot of - багато, a lot of books, a lot of time
syn. many, much, a great deal of, plenty of
17. to be fond of - любити, подобатись; syn. to like
18. like - подібно як; to be like - бути схожим
He is like his father - Він схожий з батьком.
He likes skating - Він любить кататися на ковзанах
He is a student like me - Він, як і я, студент
19. it'll take time - знадобиться час